A frustrating and maddening drive to pop and mow down the ugly horde of nodules all over the face and yet a dreadful failure to gain back smooth, clear skin is what makes most acne victims land up seeking some foolproof acne help. Natural, homemade, or medical whatever the type of cure, it should be done as per the intensity and complications of acne. In this article, we will look at the types of acne on the face and their causes
More specifically, before carrying out any treatment, it is essential to determine the types of acne — whether it is mild, moderate, or severe. The brightest ray of hope is that most acne is completely curable, if treated in time. Therefore, it is not as frustrating and depressing a phase as it is commonly seen.
Mild Acne – the first of the acne types
The wisest of all decisions is to be alert at the onset of acne. The faintest trace of a few tiny eruptions on the skin has to be considered as an alarm. And it is time to take action whenever the pimples worsen instead of flattening. A timely visit to a good dermatologist is recommended as an appropriate acne help. The following measures are really powerful remedial and preventive actions:
- Wash the area tenderly with warm and gentle soap water twice a day. This is the basic and easiest step of keeping one’s skin free of dust and unwanted greasy substance which accumulates throughout the day. No remedy is possible without proper skin care. In addition, sometimes doctors also suggest some vitamins to improve the skin appearance and give it a more nourished look.
- An over-the-counter cream, lotion, or any other equivalent product containing benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid could be used as well. Benzoyl peroxide is eminent for its efficiency in curing acne internally by thwarting the bacterial metabolism through the process of oxidation. However, it is not unnatural that initial application of this chemical agent would cause minor skin irritation or it might even appear that instead of removal, it is responsible for multiplying the blemishes.
The patient must not be impatient and wait for at least four to six weeks to get the effect. If the problem still persists without any trace of improvement, one must consult with a professional dermatologist for proper guidance of using benzoyl peroxide, its substitute or any other kind of acne help. However, this chemical agent comes in different percentages; for initial users, it is safe to start with a lower percentage like 2.5% in order to get one’s skin accustomed with it.
Natural or herbal ingredients also earned equal fame in treating skin problems since ancient time. Salicylic acid, also chemically known as ortho-hydroxybenzoic acid, is one such natural derivative of willow tree, which is widely used as a strong remedy of acne. However, this acne help must be taken under proper guidance of a physician, since a wrong or improper dosage might lead to further side effects and unpleasant complications.
Moderate Acne – the second of the acne types
If half of the face is filled by whiteheads, blackheads, and comedones, a rapid consultation with some experienced dermatologist is mandatory. Typically the treatments for moderate acne are combined for an effective result. More often than not, this combination includes a physical therapeutic measure like light therapy and medication like using antimicrobial or retinoid creams.
Retinoids are known for their efficiency against comedone formation, whereas, antimicrobials are famous for resisting bacterial growth. Nonetheless, oral acne treatments or oral contraceptives are also found as useful acne help. Besides handling acne, moderate stage is the right time to take care of acne scars as well. A tardy treatment or negligence might result into permanent or prolonged impression of those ugly residual marks on the affected skin area.
Severe Acne – the third of the acne types
This is the most critical plus challenging stage one must surpass. The lumps become fully inflamed, they grow larger and become too prominent. A rapid proliferation all over the skin invites the added risk of ugly scars. However, the heartwarming piece of information is that they are curable even at this stage. But the treatment procedure is no longer simple and easy. The only acne help one could get at this stage is some painstaking treatment from a well-experienced dermatologist. An aggressive procedure is taken so that the growths are stopped in their tracks and attempts to prevent permanent scars are also followed simultaneously. Besides oral antibiotics and other medications, surgical methods are also considered depending on the kind and extent of severity.
A successful acne removal process requires at least six to eight months before there is any visible sign of the method’s effectiveness. Impatience, depression, and other psychological impacts are very common among sufferers of acne. Therefore, first and foremost, one must win over these mental impairments since this is most significant to accomplish the therapeutic measures fruitfully.
Pathological Causes Of Acne
To treat acne, let a thorough understanding of the reasons of acne.
Endocrine dysfunction, male hormones increase or relative increase and stimulate the sebaceous gland hypertrophy and hyperplasia, an increase in the amount of oil secretion.
Neuropsychiatric factors; dietary factors; stool, sleep and other personal behavioral factors; tobacco, alcohol and other hobby factors, drug factors, cosmetics and skin care factors.
The basic incentive for the following
- Constipated, constipation, gas does not clear up, sewage does not drop, caused by rising gas, toxins on the pan, sore tongue, gingival swelling, pain, hoarse voice, greasy skin, to induce acne, seborrheic dermatitis, seborrheic alopecia.
- Dietary factors
Partial addicted to spicy, greasy, seafood, fried and other categories of food and tobacco are, can stimulate the sebaceous gland hypertrophy, hyperplasia, secrete a lot of sebum, induced acne.
- Oily skin
Sebaceous gland secretion of strong, easily become the acne bacillus, hair follicles insects, mites and other nutritional environment and infection.
- Drug factors
a, long-term oral contraceptives.
b, drug-induced or hormone androgen.
- Abusing drugs.
- Environmental Factors
Including air, soil, water, food, noise, pollution, radiation, etc., often make the skin in a defensive state of tension, skin metabolism slowing down, causing the skin resistance to drop, easy-induced acne.
- Cosmetic factors
The long-term abuse of cosmetics, to stimulate the sebaceous glands, follicular keratosis, and speed up blockage and induce acne.
- Whether the cosmetic products suitable for them, and the thoroughness of remover is very important.
- Neuropsychiatric factors
Such as emotional excitement, mental stress, easily lead to sebaceous glands strong, and induce acne.
- Individual factors
Such as irregular menstruation, work exhaustion, rest poor, adolescent, improper skin care and skin treatment, and not pay attention to the skin physiology.
How to prevent the appearance of acne
Today, we have to understand the types of acne on the face
Hope that through the following explanation, you can know in life to prevent the appearance of acne.
1. Wash your face too many times, wash the face more than 2 times or more (over-wash the skin to stimulate the secretion of more oil).
2. After wash your face or after sweating, there is no readily dry face and the habit of (weak alkaline sweat is conducive to bacterial growth, a neutral water to dilute the acidity of sebum film, so that the ability to resist foreign bacteria invade weakened).
3. Custom touch face, touch their hair or have the habit of hand Tuosai (hands dirt stained face so often arising from acne). Maybe you should always keep hands clean. Wash your hands often.
4. Love to eat meat, fried foods, desserts, do not eat vegetables and fruit (to eat meat do not eat fruits and vegetables will make the digestive system not working properly, toxins accumulate).
5. Likes to eat junk food, instant noodles when the late-night snacks (likely to cause constipation, induced acne, acne).
6. More than 12 o’clock before going to bed (caused by endocrine disorders, so that the excessive sebaceous gland secretion).
7. Before going to bed not do calisthenics (stretching exercise can be done before going to bed to help moderate gastrointestinal motility, promoting metabolism and help discharge toxins).
8. Rarely drink (water will naturally stimulate the skin pores of discharge grease).
9. There is no regular replacement of the habit of bedding (bacteria have arisen trigger acne).
I am also a people who against with acne. In addition to physical fitness each day, I will drink a lot of water, about 8 large cups. Please keep in mind, not sweet drinks, is only pure water.