Categorically acne face is the most embarrassing and challenging trauma one could ever surmount – it’s the trauma of appearing in public with an ugly spotted face which manifests a tendency to isolate oneself from the touch of society, succumbed into the feelings of despair. It happens because this skin disorder is broadly misapprehended and there are enough wrong suggestions, myths and misconceptions, more than the proper remedies, to mislead one.
Though acne might appear at several parts of human body, they might be of different nature. For instance, back acne is so different from face acne that their nature and remedial process are entirely different from each other. Therefore, only a skilled dermatologist is able to prescribe what therapeutic measures are to be followed and the dos and don’ts about face acne.
Which acne face area is the most vulnerable
A better understanding of acne face is a crucial part of combating facial acne. As per anatomical distribution of acne, the most vulnerable part of human face is the T zone. This is the area that includes the top central part of the forehead and extends through nose, up to the chin. The reasons why the skin rashes concentrate mostly in and around this area are varied. But the most significant ones are:
- Amount of bacteria and oil that accumulates here are greater in extent than any other part. They mostly cluster in areas like the crevices, corners of the eyes, nose, lips, and chin. Due to the presence of excess oil and bacteria in such a huge amount, this area becomes more prone to acne formation.
- One more typical aspect of acne face is that this T zone comprises of all skin types in this small area. To be more precise, an individual is born with a typical skin type and this trait can not be changed or acquired by any means in later stage of life.
- A broad classification of these major skin types is: normal skin, dry skin, and oily skin. If someone is born with a dry skin, it is not possible to convert it into oily skin in future. Strangely this can not be established as a universal nature of human skin when it comes to the T zone. In most cases it is found that the T zone is a combination of all three above skin types distributed randomly over this entire strip. Therefore, controlling the blemishes in this area is really cumbersome since there is no universally proven acne skin care method which is equally applicable for all skin types.
- Stress is considered as a major initiator of facial acne, especially among teenagers and young adults. Although it is broadly taken as a myth more than a recognized fact, some studies have proven that stress do influence the occurrence of ‘ skin rash. Researchers have shown some reasoning to ascertain the probability of irregularities in hormonal and neuroactive substances triggered by excessive stress. And it is not an unknown fact that hormonal changes are the major cause behind the irresistible generation of skin blemishes. Therefore, the probability that too much stress could in some way lead to acne face can not be ruled out completely.
- The major mistake mostly done by the acne plagued people is constant touching of their face with dirty hands. People often have no idea that a hand which apparently looks clean contains hordes of bacteria enough to attack and infect the skin pores. And if it is the sensitive T zone then the vulnerability rises much higher than any other part. Similarly bacteria and other malicious agents may also transfer from hair to our face, especially if one has long loose hair around the face. Vigorous rubbing and scrubbing of face is another cause that worsens the condition of acne face.
Рimples on the cheeks
Nevertheless, considering the vulnerability of the T zone, it is understandable why this area needs greater care. Facial acne may strike on other portions of the face as well, especially the cheeks. Cheeks are relatively softer part of the face and if acne comes out and spreads in this area, the risk of facial scar prevails to a greater extent. The proneness of acne on cheeks becomes worse at the onset of puberty due to sudden hormonal changes.
Once one is aware of the root causes of acne face, it becomes easier to fight and flatten them more reasonably. Keeping oneself free from stress, gently washing the face twice a day, if possible homemade solutions could also be applied as per doctor’s advice. A habit of not touching the skin frequently should be developed. And last but not the least, a careful use of cosmetics should be practiced, which must not be greasy and oil based. One must not forget that a spotless face is acquired only through rigorous and intensive care.